What are my rights after a car accident?

A car accident can change your life forever.  It can be the beginning of many years of pain, financial stress and heartache.  In a split second, one can sustain a traumatic brain or spinal cord injury – all because of someone’s negligence. It helps if you know your rights after a car accident. If you need help, contact an experienced Riverside accident attorney.

Many unrepresented accident victims make critical mistakes that can limit their recovery from the at-fault driver’s insurance company or their own uninsured motorist carrier. The insurance company might send you a settlement offer and try to get you to waive your rights to file a future lawsuit.  Do not sign anything without the assistance of an attorney.

There are many of attorneys out there, but not all of them focus on car accident personal injury cases.  It is better to consult with me. I have over 30 years experience as a Riverside Personal Injury attorney, and I can advise you on your rights after a car accident. I can negotiate a settlement on your behalf. In fact, over 90% of my clients receive prompt settlements once they finish their medical case without the need for a lawsuit.

An individual involved in an accident because of the negligent actions of another person has certain legal rights, which include:

  • Medical care and compensation for medical bills
  • Compensation for property damage – whether repairing a car to original pre-accident condition or compensation for total loss of vehicle
  • Use of a rental car
  • Reimbursement for lost wages and future earning capacity
  • Damages paid for pain, suffering and emotional stress
  • Damages for wrongful death or disability
  • No increase in your insurance premiums if the accident was not your fault
  • Receive the best possible settlement from the insurance company
  • Right to be represented by a professional local Riverside personal injury attorney

If you have been the victim of an automobile accident,  you have the right to be made whole – put back in the same condition you were in before the accident occurred. If you cannot be restored to full health, your disability is compensable.

If you have been injured in a traffic accident, contact the Law Office of Gary G. Goldberg. I will protect your rights with no upfront cost to you and allow you to fully understand your rights and options before you proceed further. Call me today at (951) 788-8325 for your free case consultation. There is no commitment on your part during the consultation.


Proudly serving Riverside County, California, including the cities of Riverside, Corona, Jurupa Valley, Moreno Valley, Beaumont, Temecula, and Murrieta as a Riverside Personal Injury Attorney. © Copyright MMXXII Gary G. Goldberg